Sunday, February 22, 2009

My dad

It was 4 years ago today that my sweet dad passed away. Day's like today make me stop & reflect. It gives me a chance to think about how blessed I was to be raised in a loving home with parents who cared for me & were always there to help me. There are so many things I miss about my dad...most of all I miss being able to talk to him, he was such a great listener & always gave me such sound advice. I miss being able to give him a "bear hug", make him burnt chocolate chip oatmeal cookies,or staying up late talking, playing games & eating junk food. I miss watching the little things he would do to show my mom he loved her. I am so grateful for the knowledge that my family will one day be reunited with my dad & that our Families are Forever.

4 comments:

Ty Pearson said...

I miss your dad too :( Awesome man. And the best Buddy Holly ever. Besides Buddy Holly of course.

Kim said...

If you would have said anymore you would have had me crying and I didn't even know him. I'm sad for you, but gotta love the knowledge we have as members of the church. It makes even the hard days seem almost ok.

AnaLee M. said...

I didn't know your dad passed away. I'm sorry. Your comments about him were very sweet!

Jami Weight said...

So sweet! I can't believe it has been 3 years. You guys are a wonderful family! which is forever, thank goodness for the gospel. miss ya.