Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Today was Grayson's first Pinewood Derby. What an exciting day for a boy & his father. Grayson wanted to make his car look like a dragon. He found this picture in a book.
Luckily, Derek is great at drawing & sketching. (This Derek Crowther original might sell for big bucks one day!!)
Grayson concentrating on his job of painting the "Shen Lung".
The finished product.
Moments before the big race
Crossing his fingers, arms & legs.
This year Gray went for looks over speed. He has declared next year he feels the need for speed.

8 comments:

Crowthers said...

I am so impressed with that car. I know who I will be calling when we need a sketch. Looks great!!

Jess said...

Heather - so fun to see this post......my hubby is sooo looking forward to DJ's first pinewood derby. He just found out today at church that because DJ's 8th birthday is in two weeks he will miss the derby for this year. These husbands just want to be a boy again when the derby comes up on the activity calendar.

EE said...

Gman is dying to start scouts. And we were way impressed with the dragon dreby car. Wow.

Sherri said...

Wow! That's one good-lookin' car! Who needs speed when you're smokin' hot?

Wendy said...

I had Max and Alan take a look at this post. They were VERY impressed. I was impressed too, although, the difficulties of designing/making a pinewood derby car are somewhat lost on me. VERY COOL!!!

Jen Paris said...

so, not to bypass this CUTE post, but I had to share that I just made your yummy stuff, and it IS yummy!!! :)

Unknown said...

That may be the coolest Pinewood Derby car I've ever seen.

Kim said...

WOW! I don't know what else to say.