Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's haircut time

Grayson hates getting his haircut, so I thought I would do a little reverse psychology on him. Since he is such a stinker about getting his haircut I told him fine I will just stop cutting your hair. See, I thought this would work because although he hates getting his haircut, he likes it a very specific way. Well it totally backfired on me. He has had shaggy hair (although very in style) for about 4 months. I just couldn't take it any more. His hair was getting out of control so today I asked if he wanted it cut & he said yes!! HURRAY, I was very excited.
BEFORE
AFTER
P.S. I am so mad, because I took all of these great before shots & then when I was taking the after shots I discovered that the photo card was not in the camera!! UGH!
Abby on the other hand has always wanted her haircut, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to cut it. Well a couple of days ago (apparently I get crazy when Derek has been out of town for a while)I took her for a haircut. Initially I was thinking 2 maybe 3 inches. Well as it turns out we ended up cutting about 5 inches. Derek is so going to kill me! Abby was so thrilled. As soon as the hairstylist was done Abby said thank you like a million times. Abby loves it, I love not having to get all the knots out of her long hair every morning, it is a WIN...WIN. I hope Derek thinks so, he hasn't seen either of the kids haircuts yet.
BEFORE
AFTER

6 comments:

EE said...

Gorgeous!! (Gray's not gorgeous, handsome) Gotta love hair cuts.

Jen Paris said...

it's SO cute. And still long...Derek will be fine (hopefully!!). Addison keeps asking me lately when she can go to Chicago to visit Abby. And, is Abby the only one in Chicago who speaks English? hmmmm, maybe we should plan a trip out. But, NOT til it's about 50 degrees warmer. :)

Cinda said...

They look great! I love Abby's new do. I noticed that she has been wearing it down all week. She must be so excited!

Jenna said...

I hate to admit it Heather, but I kind of like Grayson's hair long! I remember when he was little and he had that thick, beautiful, curly hair! He has really beautiful hair. (I know, don't tell him I said beautiful...I mean "Cool") But really, I wish my boys had that kind of hair. I have to shave it short because of it's texture. Love Abby's cut! She has beautiful hair too! Lucky kids.

Charlotte said...

I think those are great before and after shots! Your kids both look so cute with their new cuts!

Jennifer said...

They both look very nice! Way to go Abby!