Friday, April 10, 2009

What to do?

Last week the kiddos had the whole week off for spring break & as you can see there was not a lot of playing outside at the park, flying kites, sidewalk chalk or any other "spring" activity. Today they have the day off for Good Friday & even though it is a lot nicer day, I still wanted to come up with some kind of little activity for my kids to do. Then I remembered a website I saw on my friends Jamie's blog & it hit me...we would make little Pickachu's out of peeps!! Grayson is a total Pokemon addict so I knew he would love it & they girls like any activity. So we ran to Micheals to track down some edible markers...sucess, Yeah!!! Then it was off to Target to find yellow, bunny Peeps. No such luck, they had orange, pink, blue, green, even red, but no yellow bunnies. I was bummed & not very excited about dragging all my kids to another store, but I thought I could handle just one more. Luckily Jewel (the midwestern version of Albertson's) is very close to Target so we gave it one last shot. Yeah, we were in luck, Yellow peeps. We got crafting as soon as we got home. Here is the blog I found from Jamie's blog (thanks Jamie for the new fun blog site). http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/ This lady is amazing & has such cute ideas. I totally want to try some of the Easter pops, maybe next year....

3 comments:

Jen Paris said...

so cute! And Lindsey cracks me up...her little smile and head tilt. I miss you guys!!! :) Happy Easter.

Sherri said...

It looks like spring is no where near "springing" in Chicago! At least those nasty peeps are good for a craft, because eating them is out of the question!

Jami Weight said...

So I thought about informing people on how they could determine wether or not their forheads are large by whipping out a ruler and measuring....butthen I thought that might hit to close to home for some.....;0) Love your guts,and your small adoreable normal sized forehead. you made me laugh!!!!