Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

For a couple of years I have been telling Derek that whenever we go on another trip, it needs to be to somewhere warm where I can just lay on the beach. We like to travel & be able to see & experience new things, and it came to my attention that wherever we go most of the time we are walking through museums, walking around the city, walking from one place to the next, walking...walking...walking. Don't get me wrong I like to walk around & see things, but I was pretty sure that I would also like sitting in the sun on a beach chair drinking a pina colada. Lucky for me I have a husband that listens & likes to plan BIG surprises. So for our anniversary he planned a trip just for the 2 of us to Mexico. Five glorious days of spending time together, eating anything & everything, a little walking (we did want to shop & experience life outside of our resort),massages on the beach, snorkeling & laying in the sun!! It was absolutely fantastic & it was so great to be able to spend time together. I am already looking forward to next time. We are forever grateful to Grandma for flying out & watching the kiddos so we could spend time ALONE!!!
My first time snorkeling, I was a bit nervous!!
Mayan Ruins
Our resort was amazing
Couples massage on the beach. We could have done this all day long!!

11 comments:

Jami Weight said...

I so envy your cute butt!!!! I want a hot day in the warm sand so bad......it keeps snowing here in Salt Lake and I am so super sick of it. You lucky girl.....looks like you had so much fun.

EE said...

Yeah for you! I almost feel warmer just looking at the pictures. But not really. Sounds like a great idea.

JenL said...

How fun!! And how thoughtful of Derek for planning it.

Jen Paris said...

I'm so JEALOUS!!!!! But happy for you of course! Welcome back. :)

Kim said...

How fun, vacations for two in the sun are awesome!

Jami said...

looks like you had sooo much fun!!! I'm so jealous!!!
Greg and I are trying to plan a 10year anniversary trip... would you recommend going to Mexico?

Charlotte said...

That sounds like so much fun! Rick and I have wanted to go to Mexico for a while and I have even thought about it recently before the baby comes. Although being big and pregnant holds me back just a bit! What resort did you stay at? We really would love a recommendation on a great place!

Jess said...

Yay for you girl!!! You deserve a trip like that after going thru an IL winter....tell your hubby to make it an annual tradition!
So glad you had a great time! Hey my husband is going to be in Chicago for a conference in Oct...I am thinking of coming out with him...be fun to see you.

Sherri said...

Ohhh, it looks so fantastic! Hooray for you two! It looks so sunny, warm and beautiful there...no wonder it was painful to come home to 8 inches of snow. Blah!

Crowthers said...

It sounds like your trip was so much fun. I'm so jealous--laying on the beach in the sun sounds so wonderful!! I'm glad you had fun

Jennifer said...

That looks awesome. Good for you. Can I come with next time?