Tuesday, March 17, 2009

13 & Counting


Yesterday Derek & I celebrated our 13th Anniversary. I do not know where the time has gone. I cannot believe that we have been married 13 years, that we are the parents of 3 children. It seems like yesterday that we were newlyweds living in Logan, UT. Derek attending Utah State University during the day & working at Gossner cheese at night. I worked at Lewiston State Bank full time & we saw each other on my lunch hour when I would pick him up from school & take him to work. Oh my goodness how things have changed. Now we live in Illinois where Derek works for Takeda & I am a full time mom. We see each other on weekends & some times during the week in between YW, basketball practice, gymnastics, cub scouts, brownies & out of town trips. It has been a wonderful 13 years & I feel so blessed to have Derek, Grayson, Abby & Lindsey in my life.
Then...


Now...


If you ask me, I think we are getting better with age.

6 comments:

EE said...

You do look great! Not everyone looks better 13 years after marriage. 13 years is a long time. Holy Cow, Congratulations!

Kim said...

I agree where does the time go, Brian and I just celebrated 11 years. I don't know if this is what I thought life would be like I think it's better. Congrats!!!
PS You look great, then and now. Then pictures are always funny, I think you forget how much styles change.

Jennifer said...

Yes, definitly better with time! I will share, too...I used to be skinny and Pat used to have hair!

AnaLee M. said...

Congrats you two! It's interesting what you can cram into a few years isn't it.

Charlotte said...

It is so fun to see you now and then! We were so young! cute pictures!

Crowthers said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. You guys do look great and such a cute family