Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Am So Over It




I guess it is only fitting that it would snow on the first day of December. The kids were so excited, they played in the snow in the morning while they were waiting for the bus & as soon as they got home from school. They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I on the other hand am already over WINTER. I know it hasn't even officially started, but I AM OVER IT!!!! There are lots of great things that come with winter, snow covered trees, sledding, skiing, snowball fights, hot chocolate, a white christmas, being able to wear my sweats to the bus stop, soup on a cold night...but does it have to be so DARN cold. I am already loathing wet boots, helping the girls put on snow pants, boots, gloves, scarves, hats & coats, shoveling snow & driving on slick roads. Thanks to my spin on the freeway last year now I am terrified of driving in the snow. What I wouldn't give to be wearing my shorts & flip flops right now.

5 comments:

EE said...

Oh my, I am with you one hundred percent. We should start a winter haters group. We could meet in pheonix for an annual meeting. If I could figure out how to get my kids out of school I'd be gone for two months of the year I think. The pictures are beautiful though. Just think you've got a great Christmas card photo.

Jenna said...

We still don't have any snow here in Utah, it's been kind of nice not to have to drive in it.....Sorry:)

Jess said...

Heather! Hey so good to hear from you, I am glad you got my blog message. Your house looks great with all that snow. I actually miss it a bit. I am hoping we see some when we visit UT for Christmas. I liked your last post also about your hubby fixing up your office---so sweet! It is crazy all the different places we end up. I just spoke to Annalee Draper on the phone the other day and she was telling me about how some of the old HS people got together. Are you going to be in UT for Christmas...if so I think we are trying to plan a get together. I am excited to keep in touch with you thru our blogs. Look forward to reading more posts.
Jessica

Jennifer said...

I HEAR YOU!

Sherri said...

Looks kind of chilly in your neck of the woods! At least you know what your in for this winter. Experiencing a winter in the east last year was kind of a baptism by fire.....or should I say baptism by snow.