Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fire Flies

The other night I was washing the dishes & looking out the window & I kept seeing these little flashes of light. It took me a minute to realize that they were fire flies. I went running upstairs to tell the kids & Derek that they needed to come check this out. We were all very thrilled to be seeing fire flies for the first time. Last night we had some of our good friends over (all of which have seen fire flies their whole lives) & decided we should catch these critters in a jar. I thought this would be an impossible feat, but it turns out that fire flies are pretty slow (& ugly) & easy to catch. The kids loved watching them glow up close & for all you insect activists out there, we did catch & release.

1 comment:

JenL said...

Yea! I love those little things. Did you notice they have a weird smell too?

BTW, it was so good to see you guys!