Monday, July 21, 2008

Coming Home




Our vacation to Utah was great, we had so much fun & it was exciting to see all of our family & friends again. But after 3 weeks of partying we were anxious to get back to our friends & home in Illinois. Derek surprised the kids & had a limo waiting at the airport to pick us up & drive us home. The girls were especially excited Lindsey said, "I can't believe we are in a magazine" (meaning limousine) & Abby was just beaming stating,"I have always wanted to ride in one of these like Hannah Montana." Gray was thrilled that there was a newspaper in the car so that he could read the comics. The kids also thought it was very cool that they could wave to everybody & no one could see them!! Talk about EXCITING.

6 comments:

Jen Paris said...

that is so cute!!! What a fun memory for them.
I'm so sorry about the shoes...I had them out there and I'm guessing Carter grabbed them as we were leaving and stuck them in the back of Addison's jeep where I found them a few days later. :( Send me your home address and I'll throw them in a padded envelope for her. Oh, and my email address is jenandmarty@xmission.com...did you figure out how to photoshop the pictures to look like she did something great off the board??? :) I'm glad you guys made it home!

Jami Weight said...

What a fun daddy! I am so glad I got to see you and thank you for letting muah do your hair. Youare a beautiful girl as always and it was so easy to make you look beautiful. I can't wait until you come again! have fun in Illinois. luv ya Heather
-Jami

Sherri said...

Sweet ride. That Derek, he's always full of surprises!

Jami said...

thats a fun suprise for the kids- always thinking!! I'm glad you had fun on your trip but it is always nice to come home!

Charlotte said...

How fun is that! I bet your kids loved it. What a great daddy!

AnaLee M. said...

WOW!! way to go Derek! Impressive! Made me chuckle because Jacob our oldest loves the comics also. What a memory!