Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tornadoes

Let's hear it for being scared to death, but surviving two nights of tornado warnings. Saturday June 7th we had a tornado alarm go off, but since we are new to this I just thought it was the lightning alarm from either the golf course or the swimming pool. So Saturday wasn't all that bad because we didn't really know what was going on. Sunday was a lot worse, because when we heard the alarm going off we knew that this was an actual tornado warning. Both nights the amount of rain, thunder & lightning were insane. Derek & I just stood at the front door watching it for awhile. Yes, now we know that you should not be outside or near windows during a tornado warning. Again we are new at this.

4 comments:

Jami said...

I lived in Wichita KS for 4 years and had to go through many tornato drills and came close to a few. They are scary so I completely understand. I'm glad that you guys are OK!

Tyler said...

(Sherri said...)
Lions, and tigers, and bears...oh my! I don't think the Crowther's are in moo-tah anymore. Glad that your o.k. and can tell the tale. Your new blog format is cute. Love you!

Jen Paris said...

That family picture is super cute!!! We miss you guys! Crazy about the tornado...it's an adventure, right??? :)

TeaTree Photography said...

I am SOOOO glad you found us! It is funny you talk about Abby...every time Britton fly's from Utah to Maine, he stops in Chicago for a layover. Madi ALWAYS, without fail, asks if he saw her best friend Abby at the airport. :) LOL! She will die to see her on your blog! HOLY COW..Lindsay is getting huge. I am thinking of you Heather..and those LONG LONG LOOOONNNGGG days you were alone without Derek! AUUGHH...I cry every night.