Sunday, January 10, 2010

6:00 am call

Usually nothing good happens when you get a call at 6:00 in the morning, but if you are a kid it's a different story. Friday morning I was startled awake by the phone ringing at 6:00 am. Yes I was still asleep at that time of the morning. I am not a morning person. Anyway, it was the school calling to say that school had been cancelled due to the large amount of snow we had received over night. The kids were over the moon & ate breakfast then went right outside to play in the FREEZING cold.

6 comments:

AnaLee M. said...

I remember exactly one snow day in my entire school career! Lucky kids!!

Emily said...

A REAL snow day? Bonus! I'd like a snow-WEEK, please!

Gr. Joan said...

Wow! How much snow did you get? I hope it isn't 5 feet in your driveway!

Meg said...

I remember LOVING snow days growing up! We would stay up late watching the news praying our school would show on the screen. It was the BEST!! Sadly, I don't think my kids will ever even know what a snow day is in Utah. They're way too efficient with the snow plows here.

Sherri said...

I.... don't.... miss.... SNOW!! (Not even a little bit!)

Looks like fun, but it also looks cold. BRRRRR, I'm cold just thinking about it!

Love ya'll...ha!

De-Rail said...

I miss the snow, but I'm glad I don't have to raise kids in a snowy area.