Monday, June 1, 2009

Martha Stewart eat your heart out!!

Today is Abby's birthday & she wanted to take cupcakes to school for her birthday treat. Her school doesn't have the NO homemade goodies rule, so I decided to make cupcakes. Butterfly cupcakes to be exact.
I saw them in a cupcake cookbook & thought I could totally make those. Well it turns out I can make those, but I'm not real sure I will be making them again anytime soon. The butterflies took FOREVER & once they were done & I had to place them on the cupcake. Talk about scarey, I had spent hours on these butterflies & now I had to pick them up & put them on the cupcake without breaking them. And don't even get me started on the antenna! Well with Derek's help (I love my husband) we were able to finish the cupcakes. FYI-Real men do make cupcakes!! Now the only problem was transporting them to the school & then getting them distributed to the class without breaking them. I drove to school like I had a new born baby in the car & was happy when I arrived & the butterflies were all still in tact. Lindsey helped me with the doors to the school & we made it to the office, were we have to wait for Abby to come pick them up & take them to class. Her school has a pretty strict policy about parents walking the halls of the elementary. So, I can only pray that my butterflies made it safely to her classroom & that there were no accidents on the way there. As for now I have my fingers crossed & am waiting to hear if the cupcakes arrived safely.

12 comments:

Jami said...

those turned out so cute! Greg makes our kids birthday cakes and cupcakes every year. He loves it!

Thanks for all the new posts, I've been wondering what you've been up to. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Jenna said...

Wow! You are talented! I would never have the patience to try something like that, nor would they even turn out! Too cute.

Wendy said...

Those are beautiful! Great job! I bet even Martha doesn't do those....someone on her staff may...you totally topped Martha!

Angela said...

SOOOOO Stinkin' Cute!! I don't know where you came up with the idea :) but they are darling. I told you, you were a go getter. They turned out so well, let us know what Abby's class thought of them. Happy Birthday Abby!!

Wendy said...

Hi Heather, Yes. My guinea pig smells. It is tolerable...but, I am happy to move her outside now that it is warm. She will live inside again in the winter. As long as I change her cage approx. 2 times a week it is bearable.

Sherri said...

Wow, those are beautiful! Well done Heather!

Jess said...

Could not have done that....looks great....I want to know how you made the butterflies??

Kim said...

Wow!!! Need I say more? I don't even think i want to attempt to make those, maybe we are lucky with the no homemade treats rule or my kids are, no b-days cupcakes of mine would have looked like that. GREAT JOB!

AnaLee M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnaLee M. said...

Very cute! Holy cow! What dedication, I'll bet she loved taking those to her class!

Charlotte said...

Awesome cupcakes! Those are beautiful. That must have taken hours!

Meg said...

WOW!! Those are amazing! What a great idea too. Maybe I can make snail ones for Ethan.