Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bye Bye Big Round Mounds

Derek & I had been talking about updating our front yard. We were tired of the big, round bushes in front of our porch & we thought we needed to add a little color. Well when Derek makes a decision it does not take long for that plan to go into action. Last Wednesday he worked from home & watched Lindsey while I had a fun filled day with my friends. When I left that morning our front yard looked like this...When I got home that afternoon our front yard looked like this... Bye Bye big round mounds...Hello cute little bushes with color.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You yard people are amazing! It looks great! The big bushes DID have to go... and how nice that Derek magically does things while you are out with the gals!

BTW, we drove by the old place and my "weed" that turned out to be a tree is now a much bigger tree. (Thanks for the tip about my strange looking weed.) It's a good thing it's there, too, since the flagpole blew down in a windstorm after we left, and there is something of height left behind.

Jess said...

Fun to see what you did different. We love to re arrange our yard too....I think it is a way to be creative for our husbands. Bet it is nice to see some green instead of white in your yard too. Are you going to UT anytime soon? Oh yes, guess who I ran into in NYC this past weekend???? Kim Lyon. Such a small world. I was walking past the Today Show and I hear my name. Small world, it was fun running into her. She was on a girls trip with some of her friends in TX. I was there with my sister visiting our Aunt.