Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hearty Mid-Westerners

How do we know it's cold outside:
1. You get a phone call from your kids school at 5:30 in the morning saying school has been cancelled due to the extreme cold conditions!!
2. After you take a shower you notice the inch of ice on the Inside of your bathroom window!!

3. As you drive to the grocery store to buy eggs your car thermostat reads -7 degrees. And yes that is before the wind chill!!
4. To take the trash out you bundle up like you are going to race in the Iditarod!! Unfortunately for me the garbage can ended up being frozen shut & I wasn't strong enough to open it.
Yep it's cold outside.


7 comments:

Jen Paris said...

HOLY COW!!!

EE said...

You guys are tough! My bones ache just thinking about it.

Crowthers said...

That makes me so cold to look at those pictures!! You guys are tough. It was so good to see you guys at Christmas.

Sherri said...

BRRRRRRRRR! After looking at your pictures, I'm now off to make some hot chocolate! Stay warm....

Jami said...

Oh Heather I'm so sorry!! I could maybe handle that for a day! And I thought it was cold here!

Jess said...

I am sorry we missed you too....next time you go out to UT, let me know so we can meet if I am there...we don't usually go out for the holidays, but I told my hubby we needed to make it out for christmas at least once during residency. It was good to see all, but also crazy and made me miss our own Christmas a bit.
It looks cold out in the midwest, it is cold here too....we actually have snow today. It doesn't snow here but once every 10 years...tomorrow we are going to go see what the beach looks like with fresh fallen snow on it. You know you live in a non snow community when they cancel school and put the school on a delay the next day after the snow has fallen!

Charlotte said...

And I thought I was cold!