Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cinnamon...what?


So a few times a week after our kids hop on the bus, a few of my neighbors & I go walking. One day we were talking about appetizers. (I mean who doesn't talk about yummy, gooey, cheesey appetizers when they are exercizing?) So I said, "Have you guys seen the chocolate fondue fountains?" They all say "Yes..." Then I say, "One of my favorite thing to dip in the chocolate fondue is cinnamon bears." They all look at me like I'm a total idiot. "What, you know little cinnamon bears...red...chewy...hot?" Again, I get nothing. That's right people they have no idea what I am talking about!! They have never heard of a cinnamon bear. I cannot believe this. Where do I live that they have never heard of a cinnamon bear? But wait it gets worse. So yesterday we are out for MOB (moms only breakfast...except for now it should be called MOB&L Moms only breakfast & Lindsey.) Some of our other friends are with us & some how we got on the topic again of cinnamon bears. So I am trying to explain again what they are. "They are like gummy bears, except not so chewy. Kindof like Jelly Rings. (crickets) Like orange sticks...you know the jelly stuff inside the chocolate covered orange sticks? (Again, crickets.) That's right, they don't even know what those are. They have never heard of those either. No cinnamon bears, no jelly rings & no orange sticks. What the Junk!! So I have checked Target & World Marketplace & come up empty handed. I love you friends in Gurnee & if it is the last thing I do I will find these items & share them with you.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

OK. So when the title of your post was "What a Shocker", I thought you were going to say you are pregnant. Imagine my surprise when it was about cinnamon bears. Boy, do I feel silly :)

Wendy said...

Oh, what is a 'cricket'?

Jen Paris said...

SERIOUSLY???? That is hysterical. I will buy some and mail them to you ASAP so you can share...just need your address. Oh, and Wendy, imagine the SOUND of crickets...that really made me laugh. I was just imagining the awkwardness of the conversation...I'm laughing. THANKS!!!!!

Jami said...

that is too funny!

JenL said...

I think we should just ship you some of the already chocolate covered cinnamon bears....those are the VERY best!!

Cinda Z said...

I can hardly wait to try these famous cinnamon bears, Heather. We are so happy to have you here in IL to show us the ropes!

Angela said...

And we thought that living in Utah kept you sheltered?! I would send some your way but it looks like I am late on the offer. However, I would like an update when they taste heaven in a bear shape.....now I'm hungry.

Wendy said...

O.K. I feel stupid. I re-read and it was obvious what you meant by 'crickets'. I think on my 1st reading I was distracted by all the yummy candy and was hopeful there was some Utah delicacy I hadn't been introduced to yet! Yummmm...crickets.

Sherri said...

Okay--I hate to be the downer to the party, but people in Chicago outlawed these cinnamon bears years ago because they are NASTY and they saw and tasted them for what they really are....hazardous to your taste buds! The only way these bears are edible is drenched in chocolate. People of Gurnee beware!! HA! I love you Heather....not your little bear friends.

TeaTree Photography said...

order them from the sweet factory in utah, of course) online!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to try them. We have nothing unique in the Midwest.