Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Times




My friend Jennifer came to visit us last weekend, it was so great to have her here. Thursday night we took her to get REAL CHICAGO style pizza at Giordano's, it was delicious!! The next day it was off to Wisconsin to hang out in the apple orchard, then the Jelly Belly factory where we tried some of the best & worst Jelly Belly's. Some of the worst being skunk smell, baby wipes & boogers some of the best were caramel popcorn, pear & grapefruit. Then shopping at the outlets in Pleasant Prairie. Saturday we got up early to go into the big city. Every time we go to Chicago I am amazed & how wonderful it is. The best thing about the city was...Derek surprised Abby, Jennifer & I with tickets to go see Wicked!!! Yeah!!! That Derek he is always full of surprises. Sunday Jennifer & I stayed up most the night talking. That for me was the best night, just hanging out & catching up. We love having visitors & if you come we promise to show you a good time!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

All of that sounds so fun! I am totally jealous!

Jen Paris said...

I'm on my way Heather!!!!! Seriously, I think I'll start looking for flights.

Gracey said...

reading this makes me wish I were still there...for sure we're doing it again!!!!

Sherri said...

I am with everyone else, I wish that was totally me hangin' out with the Chicago Crowthers!! Sure miss you guys:(

It took me awhile to figure out what you and Jennifer were holding in the first picture. Were you out buying ice cream, bulk candy from the grocery store....oh, jelly beans. I know, I'm a dork!

TeaTree Photography said...

WHAT?? WHAT!!!!!! You got to see the coveted Wicked? Heather-.......NO FAIR!
Is that Jen from the ward in WJ? You guys sound like you have a blast daily in Chicago! Maine is pretty much COLD. If you want to do fun stuff there is that..you just have to muster up and freeze your rear off!
We like Maine..Don't LOVE it yet. :)