Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Preschool





Today was Lindsey's first day of preschool. Oh my goodness she has been so excited,this is all she can talk about. Even strangers at the grocery store know that Lindsey is going to preschool. After I dropped her off (she wasn't nervous until the picture by the door where she can hear other kids crying) I called Derek to tell him what a perfect memory it will make of me & Lindsey walking through the woods collecting acorns on our way to preschool. I think people who are from Illinois take for granted all the beautiful trees & forests there are to enjoy here... Anyway when I went to pick her up from school, her teachers said she did great. I was glad to hear that, because I was having a hard time, walking out the door with my little girl in my arms, I felt a little Vaklempt (I don't know how to spell it), I can't believe my baby is a "Big Girl".

3 comments:

Jen Paris said...

oh she looks SO cute!!!!! Enjoy those few hours a day to yourself! I miss you!

Tyler said...

That picture of Linds by her preschool door is hilarious! You can totally see the hesitation on her face as she is hearing the crying children inside. Love it!

Angela said...

Oh, I feel your pain. It was a hard day, that first day of school. Can't believe there are no kids at home, even if it is for only a few hours. I will call and we can cry together! :)